Saturday, February 21, 2009

Puerto Rico

Um.. I uploaded the wrong pic and don't know how to delete it... so just love my hair!!! It looks great!OK.... I just have to start by saying that this was the best trip ever!!!!

It all started with a freaking bumpy flight! Also let me add that I hate flying. I freak out if the plane moves or turns or makes any random sounds! But, it was all worth it! I will just explain our trip day to day because it was so amazing I don't know where to start.

Day 1....
We went to down to San Juan and walked around the shops and ate some Puerto Rican food, it was great! Then we went to the beach! That night we went to a Bio Luminescent bay. We kayaked through a canal in the dark, for an hour. (in the jungle). Then we came to a lagoon, that has mirco organisms that when there is movement in the water, it glows in the dark!!! It was the coolest things we have ever seen. It was a blast, Leo was trying to kill us and run us into trees! I guess my husband can't really see in the dark!

Day 2...

We woke up at 5:00 am and drove 1 hour to catch a boat. We got to the port and there was a huge line of like 60 people. Since the boat only holds like 35 people we waited in line and didn't get on the boat. We decided that it would be fun to drive to the other side of the island to a beach that this old man was telling us about. So we drove 3 hours and got to the "beach" that was a cliff!!! So we just decided to drive around the island and see all the sights. We went to the rain forest, and at five 0' clock found a sandy beach! After that we were driving home.. It was Valentine's Day! We found a restaurant that looked casual, but nice. Because we were in our swim suits. Well we were really wrong!!!! It was a super nice restaurant!!! It was so funny we were in the only Americans, that spoke English, and everyone was dressed really nice and we were all salty and wet! It was a good laugh!
Day 3....


We decided to attempt the boat again!!! So we woke up really early again and drove all the way to the port again. We waited in line for 2 hours, because people were trying to bargain a $2.50 boat ticket! Well any way I was talking to this girl from new york and her friend was in line for another boat that was going to ANOTHER ISLAND. Well her friend bought us boat tickets so we could at least go to one of the islands. So we went to Flamenco beach, which is the ranked the 3rd nicest beach in the world! It was amazing!!!!! We took 1000 pictures of that beach! The sand was like laying on a cloud.

Day 4....

This was a sad day!! Because we were leaving the island!! We went shopping and went to the airport. Our plane was delayed for mechanical problems! The engine was not responding when the plane landed. So they cancelled the flight. Later that day the flight did leave. But we had already missed our connecting flight. So they we would have been stuck in Texas for 2 days. So we decided that we didn't really feel comfortable flying on a plane with a broken engine! And we would rather be stuck in Puerto Rico than Texas. So..... our bags were sent to Texas and we only had one pair of clothes. Well we found a K-mart and bought the necessary things that we would need for 3 days.......... Well let me just say this... I think we needed more than a swim suit!!
This is all that we had for three days!!! And the clothes that we wore to the airport!!

Day 5....

Well our airline gave us a hotel for the night, But today we were on our own. We rented a car and drove the the boat again!! This time we got on no problem! We went to a small island, it was so fun! When we got there all the hotels were sold out... except this cute little hotel. It was so fun! We went to the beach and went swimming.

Day 6...
We went to this beach where there was wild HORSES running around!!! It was so cool! But it was a little bit scary to lay out, thinking that those were galloping all over the beach.
Day 7....




This day we were very adventurous... We rented a Kayak, and headed to the seas. We picked up a new hobby!!! We went to small little islands and wondered around! We also went snorkeling! It was awesome.

Day 8....
I am glad this was a rainy day. Cause we had leave.. I had to go back to school and Leo had to go back to work!! We took the boat back and goo thing my cute husband got me motion sickness medication because I would have been vomiting all over the place. Then we came home!!!!




It was so much fun!!!! I love vacations, because I get to spend quality time with my husband!!!!

4 comments:

Andrea Lee said...

wow, how fun. You're so lucky. And you got to see wild HOUSES running around? (was that a typo or were you on a magical island?)

Whitney said...

OK I am so jealous of this trip! I am so glad that you took lots of pictures. I bet you guys are so tan, I am going to feel like a pasty pastry tonight when we come over!!!

Miles and Chelsea said...

How fun!! Seeing those pictures makes me want to be on a warm beach too!! We really should hang out sometime!

Roberts Fam'ly said...

That looks so fun! I wish it was warm here, I have Spring Fever! I'm coming up this week with Kyle for that meeting.. We need to get together!